Friday, December 7, 2007

Great News Call

Here's a simple way to get unsold prospects to call you back and to separate the lookers from the buyers after they leave your dealership.

As soon as they leave, call their home number and leave this message on their answering machine, "Biff--I have some great news for you. Please call me back as soon as you get this message."

If they call you back, there are serious!

So--what great news do you have for them?

1) You can lower their payment $5-$10 per month.
2) You got them another couple hundred for their trade.

So--they call you back and say, "I just got your message. What's the great news?"

You answer, "I was just talking to my used car manager and we got another couple of hundred dollars for your car. I think he really wants it."

They might says something like, "Yeah--but I want another two thousand for it."

"Well, do me a favor. Bring it up here and let me let him get another look at it--it just really seems like he wants it. Can you bring it back right now or later this evening?" Proceed with setting the appointment.

If they come up, you stand a 50% chance of closing them (about the average closing ratio for be-backs) so if you have 10 great news calls and 4 come back, you will probably sell 2 extra cars.

Do a great news call for everyone that leaves the dealership, except maybe the people that are $10,000 in the hold, and you will sell more cars.

No comments: