Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Here we go Again!

Expecting 5" - 8" tonight. Believe it or not, my daughter is bummed out because I told her she probably won't have school (4" is usually the point where they close it down.) My wife bought me a snow blower at a garage sale for $20--a real old one (probably 30 years old!) It probably weighs 100 pounds and takes starter fluid to start. It ran pretty bad--kept clunking out and couldn't handle more than an inch of snow) and one of my neighbors (he owns a car service shop) told me it probably needed a spark plug. I bought one for about $3.49, a new can of starter fluid and some screws and washers to hold the plate over the pull-cord starter thingie. So, all in all, I have about $30 invested in a snow blower (they are going for at least $300 for a new low-end one around here if you can find a place that has one for sale--same thing with rock salt--totally sold out around here) and it now works like a champ! I even did the neighbor's yards on both sides of my house.


Oh yeah--once again, we have to snow-broom off all the cars, move them, plow, move them back, etc. Once again, we don't get paid to do it. Once again, we probably won't even get a hot lunch served for doing it. Once again, we probably won't see a soul on the lot who wants to buy a car. Once again, I dread going to work tomorrow!



Speaking of my daughter, here are some things she made in clay the other day (she is 5 years old.) The first person who leaves a comment to this post--has to be a comment, not an email (make sure your email address is in it) and tells me who the 3 characters are (there are 3--look carefully...) will win a FREE COPY OF CAR SALES ASSISTANT 2008! I guess it's the only way I can support my daughter's art career. And no--if you already bought it, you do not get your money back (I spent it on clay!) But you can get a free copy to give/sell to a friend or a 2nd copy for yourself. By the way, the shot below was made with a Canon Xti Digital SLR--man, I love that camera!



4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am sorry, but I don't have any children so I am not familiar with too many cartoons. I know that one of the clay figures is SpongeBob Squarepants, Gary? and Mr. Squidward? I am new to car sales and I can see how this program would be a HUGE help. I hope I win. I didn't see any comments on this post. Please let me know. email address is: nataliecharles@sbcglobal.net

Marv Chomer said...

Actually you got it right! I'll email you instructions on how to get the program.

Congratulations!

Marv

p.s. I thought the Gary part would throw people off but my daughter swears that it is Gary.

Anonymous said...

Spongebob, Gary, Squidward...and as I finish...I realize I am too late. darn.


Shane

Marv Chomer said...

I'll have more contests in the future but please don't let that keep you from buying my program! ;-)


Marv