Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Car Sales Assistant 2008 Update Coming

Hi! I want to thank all of you have tried Car Sales Assistant 2008 and I would especially like to thank the people who have purchased it.

I am working on some updates right now--hopefully they will be done in the next week, or so.

Here are some of the things it will have:

1) Some people have reported that the program will not run at all. This is usually a problem with the copy protection. I am in works with the people who wrote the copy protection and will have a different version on the next update that should get rid of that problem. The only drawback will be that people who have already registered will have to email me a new code unless I go to the online registration (see below somewhere.)

2) I am currently working on the code to convert data from CSA 2007 to 2008. Earlier versions like 4.0 and 3.0 will come next. There are no plans for updates of CSA 2.0 or CSA 1.0 data at this time.

3) Some people have reported that they cannot delete a customer. That will be fixed.

4) There is a crash if you put more than $999 in your commission. That will be fixed.

5) Hopefully I will be adding email support on the next update. Email is so touchy--I just want to make sure it works for 99% of the people out there.

6) Speaking of the new copy protection--I may try out a new licensing system where you can visit my website to obtain your license code instead of having to wait for me to email it to you. This should alleviate a lot of headaches--mostly yours!

7) Down the road--I'm going to develop a--well, let's call it a "person list" of your customers that you can default to. For example, if you want--it can show you everyone you sold this month as well as your working customers--or whatever 5-10 options you desire. This is still in the planning stage and down the road.

Also--I will be working on more tutorials. I had some video files but everyone said they could only hear me talking and couldn't see the video. Whoops! It worked on my computer! So--I'm opting more for tutorials with screenshots and text instead of me talking--I talk fast anyways so I'm sure I'm hard to understand. You can see the current tutorials here.

Check back here from time to time or at my website for further updates and when it is done.

Marv

No comments: