Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Service Customers

I have a new routine. Every day, I get handed a stack of everyone who has used our service department on the previous day. Here is what I do with them...

  • I call them and if they answer, I thank them for stopping by our service department.
  • I then ask if everything was handled to their satisfaction.
  • Most of the time, the customers are very satisfied and tell-me-so with joy in their manner of speaking.
  • I can see from the service sheets where the people have bought from before and probably 80% of the people did not buy at our dealership. In that case, I'll tell them, "I'm going to send you a business card. Please call me personally if you ever need anything."
  • Usually they are very appreciative because of their good service experience (we have an excellent service department.)
  • I then put them into my new program, FollowUpCrm.com (not up yet for the public but will be soon...) and I print a "Thanks for stopping by our service department" letter. FollowUpCRM keeps track of the fact that I sent them a letter and I have it set up to contact these people every 90 days.
  • In the letter, I thank them again and let them know that I am a salesperson at the dealership and to contact me if they, or anyone in their family need anything.
I have been doing this for about 2 weeks and here are a couple of thing I have noticed...
  1. Once again, I work for a dealership that has an excellent service department. It actually makes me happy to hear that from our customers because...
  2. When I'm trying to sell a car, I can bring up the fact that I contact the service customers and 99.9% of them love their experience.
  3. Once in a while, I get a buyer on the phone. I talked to a guy originally from Canada the other day (across the river from my home town of Wyandotte, Michigan) and he told me, "The vehicle you are calling about--it was a lease and I just turned it in. I'll stop by in a few days because I need another vehicle."
Now, if you know sales statistics, I have a huge chance of selling that guy when he comes in--probably 50% - 75%.

"What about missing an up when you are on the phone?" you may ask...

Well, I have a nice office on the corner of the dealership and have a nice bay window (no more cubicles for me) where I can watch the used car lot ($$$) and we only have two salespeople so I catch a good portion of the customers anyways. Also, it keeps me busy and sharpens up my skills because I am constantly talking to people.

The owners love it (no managers at this dealership--yay!), the customers love it, I love it and the other salesperson at the dealership laughs at me. LOL

Keep checking back to this blog. I know I haven't written much lately but I have had some huge changes in my life (moving across the country), I sell cars a lot (55-60 hours a week) and program a lot (20-30 hours a week.) I plan on opening FollowUpCrm.com to the public soon--I'm not kidding--you are gonna love it.

Marv

p.s. I'm going to have cool email alerts--FollowUpCrm will contact you via email to remind you about appointments, etc. It's gonna freaking rock!

2 comments:

Gordon Wright said...

Marv;
I am looking forward to your online CRM system. I have used your earlier program and it's great but the ability to have this capability on a hand-held device would be awesome.
Gordon Wright
Erin Mills Mazda

Marv Chomer said...

Thanks--it is very close to being ready. I use it in my day to day selling and it works great just for the reason you spoke about. I also simplified it quite a bit--it just has a better feel to it.