Saturday, May 10, 2008

Car Sales Assistant 2008 Update Coming

Hi, everyone. Just wanted to let you know that I have a new update of CSA 2008 that will hit within the next few days.

The big change is the copy protection. I had to switch copy protection. The one I was using didn't work right--upon downloading, people were supposed to get a 14 day trial and I don't think it was happening because I was getting emails everyday for codes so they can try it out. Also, the method of activation was confusing at best. I think the new method is much better.

Also, I fixed a few bugs. I had pull down date boxes for all the dates but the way the date box component was designed, it had to have a date in it. For example, take the birthday box. If you didn't know your customers birthday, you would still have to enter something in the old way so I made the date of 1/1/1900 as a default date. That kinda stunk so I switched to a regular text box where you, as the user, just enter a valid date. There were a few errors but I fixed them.

I am also revamping the follow up system. Quite frankly, it is confusing and it sucks. I for example, you can only generate follow up for a customer one time with the old system and if you decide that you want to add (for example) a 14 day letter later, if you have already created follow up for that customer, it won't won't show up.

I am working on a new system where you can add follow up on the fly. In other words, you can tweak the follow up at any time and the new follow up items will work for all customers. It will be less confusing and much easier to use.

Eventually, I would like to add pop up messaging again (like CSA 2007) but that is a little further down the line.

Thanks for reading this boring post and if there are any features that you would like to see in CSA 2008, please let me know!

Marv

No comments: