Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The "Great News" Call

When I first started selling cars, I never really had any formal training except a few tips here and there but one thing I was taught was to call everyone back after they left without buying and ask them if they had any questions. People usually said "no" and I usually left it at that and rarely ever had a be-back come back and buy.

Wow! How many hundreds of sales and thousands of dollars have I missed out on?

OK--a quick tip. When someone leaves and pulls out of the lot, call them immediately and leave them a message on their answering machine.

"George, this is Biff at ABC Motors. I have some great news! Call me as soon as you get this message. 555-1212." and hang up. Be very enthusiastic with the call.

OK--let's call this a test to see if someone is interested in what you have to offer. If they call back, they are interested. If not, they probably aren't.

Now--what kind of great news do you have for them when they call back?

1) You have another manager that wants to check out their trade and you really believe you can get them more money.
2) You think you can get them a better deal and save them a couple of hundred bucks.
3) You got more rebates.

You get the picture.

Of course, set the appointment immediately after telling them what the great news. I have another manager that wants to see your trade. I think he may have a buyer for it and he will put more money in it. When is the soonest you can come by--right now or later this afternoon? Always give options when setting appointments.

Of course, I sell cars for a living and know that they will almost always ask--how much more will you give for my Yugo?

Bypass it like this: I don't know--he seemed really interested in it so lets get it up here as soon as possible before he changes his mind. So--can you bring it by right now or later this afternoon?

Afternoon.

So--around 2:00 or would 3:00 be better?
You get the picture.

Just a quick tip today--try it on everyone who leaves and you will probably get 20-40% come back up and 50% of be-backs buy on the spot. So, call 10 people back with a great news call, 2-4 will come back and 1-2 will buy. Talk to 50 people a month and that will be an extra 5-10 cars a month!

Thanks for reading my blog--I really appreciate it! Also, I know there are a few problems with Car Sales Assistant 2008 as far as installing and we're working on it so please be patient--I think it is a great program and once a wring out a few things, it will be even better.

Marv

2 comments:

randy said...

Good Article. You should write a book.

Orville Chomer said...

Hey Marv,

It's your cousin Orville!
Good article! Just a note about your blog:
You left the "links" section with the default values that came when you signed up for the blog. Put a link to your site there (make it the first one). Also get rid of the other two and add some links to other sites that you think have good content regarding sales.

I'd check out your main site right now, but I'm at work and suprisingly your site is blocked by the company firewall.

Later!